Woolworths has taken out the top honour as number one online retailer at Power Retail’s All Star Bash. The event celebrates the digital retail industry and recognises the achievements from the past twelve months.
Each year, Power Retail recognises Australia’s Top 100 Online Retailers and announces category winners at the event. The Top 100, which is a part of their rolling Top 500 Online Retailer Rankings, comprises a mix of pureplay and omnichannel retailers, with the winners representing the best-of-breed leaders of the e-commerce industry.
Once again, the two grocery giants Woolworths and Coles went head to head for the number one spot, with Woolworths edging out the competition.
Woolworths’ results were bolstered by the recent introduction of a delivery subscription service and the brand’s Delivery Now option which provides fast delivery of limited range of products
Rounding out the top ten in order are; Bunnings Warehouse, Target, Big W, THE ICONIC, Catch, Kmart, Chemist Warehouse and Dan Murphy’s.
Retailers were marked across a range of performance measures including Acquisition, Conversion, Fulfilment and Retention. Brands who measured will on
Grant Arnott, Managing Director of Power Retail says, “It’s been exciting to watch the Top 100 develop this year and in particular, the movement within the Top 20 has been dramatic. Bunnings has made a huge move up the rankings since launching its transactional website, up 31 spots vs 2018 to #4. It’s never too late to get going online!
“Also, Booktopia has had a huge year, moving up 33 places to sit at #15. These moves also reflect the broader movement we’re seeing across both online only and multi-channel retailers in the current retail environment.
This year, the All Star Bash Award Category Winners included:
- No.1 Online Retailer: Woolworths
- Top Small-Medium Retailer: MWave
- Top Online Only: THE ICONIC
- Most Improved Online Performance: PETstock
- Best Native Retail App: Catch
- Top Mobile Experience: Baby Bunting
- Punching Above Their Weight: Flora and Fauna
- Top Department Store: Bunnings Warehouse
- Top Home & Dйcor: Spotlight
- Top Electrical & Office: Officeworks
- Top Sports & Leisure: Rebel
- Top Health & Beauty: Chemist Warehouse
- Top Fashion: THE ICONIC
- Top Site Performance: Klika
- Emerging Online Retailer of the Year: Baxter Blue
- Top User Experience: Adore Beauty
- Best Cross Border Performance: Cotton On
- Top Social Retailer: Showpo
- Top Innovator: Adore Beauty
- Top Customer Experience Award: Adore Beauty
- Best Email Marketing: Mecca
- Top Sustainable Retailer: Flora & Fauna
- All Star Legends: Tony Nash (CEO of Booktopia) and Kate Morris (CEO of Adore Beauty)
“Adore Beauty certainly had a great year in 2019 – their launch into New Zealand, adopting a headless commerce approach and being valued at an estimated $100 million, are just a handful of their latest achievements. I’d also like to congratulate all of the winners, as these awards are a testament to their dedication and hard work to stay competitive and viable in today’s tough retail environment,” says Grant.